Rates, Policies and Procedures
All persons desiring to use the arena, concession stand, horse stalls and/or livestock pens shall submit a request to the Director of the Killeen Civic & Conference Center. Said request shall include the following information:
- Type of activity to be conducted;
- Equipment and/or animals to be used in the activity;
- Copy of Coggins test provided for any horses;
- All information regarding the use of concessions or the appointment of concessionaires;
- Any other information which the Director of the Killeen Civic & Conference Center may deem appropriate.
In addition to the foregoing, any person requesting to use the arena, concession stand, horse stalls and/or livestock pens may be required to:
- Sign a contract with the Killeen Civic & Conference Center;
- Sign a release of responsibility on behalf of the City of Killeen and have all participants and/or their guardians sign said forms;
- Provide the Director of the Killeen Civic & Conference Center with satisfactory proof of insurance covering the activity; which policy may not be less than One Million Dollars and shall name the City of Killeen as an additional insured.
- Make all deposits as further provided herein;
- Pay all said fees as further provided herein;
- Pay all concession fees as required;
- Possess all necessary city, county, and/or state licenses as required.
The Killeen Civic & Conference Center may retain all appropriate deposits as it deems necessary to correct any damage to or cleaning at the arena, concession stand, horse stalls and/or livestock pens. Damage shall be assessed by the Director of the Killeen Civic & Conference Center or her/his designee.
The following shall be the responsibility of any person, firm, corporation or partnership using the arena:
- Have all equipment used therein operated by persons approved and capable of operating said equipment;
- Remove all unruly animals from the arena;
- Provide for the safety of all participants and spectators;
- Refrain from causing damage to the arena, concession stand, horse stalls and/or livestock pens. Any damage to the aforementioned may be deducted from the deposit posted;
- Provide to the Director of the Killeen Civic & Conference Center the name, address and telephone number of a person who shall be conducting the activity.
Fees and Deposits for Arena Facility:
The schedule of deposits to be made before conducting an activity at the arena is as follows:
- Cleaning & damage deposit: Five hundred dollars ($500.00) which shall be refundable if, in the opinion of the Director of the Killeen Civic & Conference Center, the persons using the facility have left it in a clean and orderly manner;
The Director of the Killeen Civic & Conference Center may further require an additional deposit for changes to the arena, the erection of event obstacles and damage, as she/he deems appropriate and necessary
To reserve the facility, one-half (1/2) of the rental fee down is required. The following rates follow:
- Rough stock event: Six hundred dollars ($600.00) (includes sound) and $75/hr. with lights.
- Timed event: Three hundred fifty dollars ($350.00) (includes sound) and $75/hr with lights
- Commercial events: one thousand dollars ($1000) or a percentage of the gate TBD plus $75/hr. for lights
- Concession stands or meeting room:
- Fifty dollars, ($50) per day minimum (per each) OR
- 15% of gross sales (whichever is greater) OR
- contracted concession services by KCCC caterer;
No outside alcohol may be brought in or out of the facility. ALL alcohol sold by KCCC Management. Per Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) guidelines
This schedule of fees shall apply to both profit and non-profit activities. Cancellation of events with less than sixty days notice will result in loss of deposit.